Pages

January 14, 2012

30 before 30 [nail biter]

I finally stopped biting my nails!!  I honestly can't remember a time in my life when I didn't bite my nails or just gnaw on them in general (gross, right?).  It's a habit I wasn't proud of and always wished that I could have the self-control and patience to have pretty nails, but I eventually couldn't resist and never got to see the white of my nail.

If you only knew how many things my dad did to help break me of this habit growing up.  I tried popping a rubber-band around my wrist when I gave in, coating my nails with this really spicy stuff (which I only ended up kind of liking--so this one failed miserably), and getting people to slap my hand down or yell at me to stop when they saw me biting since I didn't even realize I did it.  Nothing worked!  Until I got pregnant.  The minute I learned about all the germs and nasty things lurking underneath my nails, I stopped instantly. No trip-ups, no hesitation--just stopped. And soon the white appeared! Prenatals also help keep them strong and growing, so that helped to see progress and get momentum.

Sooo this brings me to one of my list items:

12. stop biting my nails

I wasn't really sure what to do with my hands and it doesn't help that I'm double-jointed, but here they are in all their glory!  Since this picture has been taken, I have cut them down just so I can type and text, but it was nice having them for a while.


Now let's hope that I'll be able to keep this one and not revert to my old ways.  :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...