Pages

June 22, 2011

30 before 30 [wisdom gone]

I kind of almost forgot about this one and may have been a little more excited about this surgery had I remembered that I would get to strike through one of my list items.  Either way, I FINALLY got my wisdom teeth out after being told so for about 8 years!!


10. get my wisdom teeth out


I know I can be a little dramatic at times (or at least that's what a certain someone tells me), but this was definitely in my list of top 5 worst life moments.  All four were impacted and somehow growing into the roots of my other teeth. At one point during my almost two weeks of being swollen, I was convinced that I would never be able to see my cheek bones again (or ears for that matter).  I also convinced myself that somehow I ate the wrong thing, and it was only a matter of time before I would have to be rushed to the ER to fight some infection. I have also sworn off mashed potatoes for the next 10 years.

But thankfully, I have a husband to calm me down when I was being crazy and just tired from not being back to normal.  And I have family and friends who eased my fears with their recovery stories and an especially sweet friend(/dental hygienist) that humored me by bringing some supplies and checking on me when one of my stitches was giving me issues after a week and a half. (Thanks Amie!)

Needless to say, I am beyond relieved to cross this one off my list.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...