Pages

August 18, 2012

5 things


It's that time again!  Yep--it's time for "more things you don't really care about, but Jenny needs an excuse for an easy blog post and it's been 2 years since the last one."  Here we go:

1. I collect milk glass. It has such a great vintage aspect behind it that I adore. I don't have much, but I'm always looking at thrift stores or garage sales. Some of the only pieces I have right now were passed down from my mom from her maternal grandmother, Ophelia, who baked cakes out of her home. So naturally, one of the pieces is a wonderful cake stand that I use often.  I also received some pretty pieces from my mother-in-law last Christmas--they are perfect!

2. I can't use something from the top of a pile. Does that make sense? Maybe I've been around Joel too long, but if there is a pile of napkins lying around, I flip half over and grab from the middle. Same with icee tops or coffee lids. I never grab the first one---always from the middle. I figure less hands have touched it.

3. I have a super addictive personality. When I like something, I LOVE it. I obsess over it and i'm hooked--songs, clothes, hairstyles, foods, etc. It's a sickness I know.  However, I feel like this is a girl trait and I'm not alone.  :)

4. I had a pen pal for 5 years. His name was Dustin and was a great friend. We only met a handful of times, but we got to know each other through old fashion snail mail from the time I was in 7th grade until my senior year of high school. He's a talented artist and would draw the most intricate doodles and pictures on every envelope he sent; all I had to offer was cloud stationery, which I thought was so cool and hip. Now, he has a beautiful family and served our country overseas. I wish people in general wrote more letters to each other--me included.

5. I had the most odd habits as a kid. I can't believe i'm posting this on the world wide web, but I used to always...........................smell my hands..........about every 5-10 minutes. It was the weirdest fetish, but anytime I touched something I immediately wanted to know the effect it had on my hand or what it smelled like. I thought I got good at hiding it, but my mom would always end up saying, "Jenny, quit sniffing your hands! You look so silly!" Ahh, motherly love. I like to think that I was just exercising my senses at a young age and I now have a keen sense of smell as a result.  :) The saddest thing is that the smelling my hands habit was the least embarrassing one to share. I reeeeeeally hope Joel and I don't pass on any of our odd behaviors onto our children.

And as always, feel free to grab my image and share 5 things about yourself on your blog!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...