Pages

August 4, 2011

happy 4th on the 4th!



I thought in honor of our anniversary today that I would share one of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.  It's a favorite for many reasons, but mainly because one of Joel's only requests in the whole wedding process was that we play some of "his" music during the reception, and this is a picture of what happened when one of those requested songs came on.

I'm pretty sure this was during a Modest Mouse song because I remember thinking, "Ok, how am I supposed to dance to this?!?"  Joel, however, did not seem to have a problem. Notice his cupped hands and focused expression--I can't look at this picture without laughing a little.

Little did I know then that over the next four years, his dancing would be a highlight of every car ride we took (we've even named a few over the years--in fact, next time you see him, ask to see "the fighting dragon, dancing tiger.") He makes me laugh in so many ways every day, but for some reason, his dancing is pretty much the funniest thing I've ever had the honor of witnessing. 
  
Happy Anniversary Dante!

I love you long time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...