Pages

November 26, 2010

30 before 30 [new car smell]


this post is only 2 months late, but we finally took the plunge! after 8 years in my beloved civic, joel and i decided to upgrade. i still don't know why he insisted on the new car being for me, but we got rid of his truck and now he whizzes around town in his used, green go-cart. thank God i married someone who doesn't need the finer things in life. :)

this brings me to one of the things i had on my 30 things to do before i turn 30

23. buy a new car

it definitely wasn't as stressful as buying a house, but it was still pretty up there. researching and looking for the best deal take it out of you. but then you get to drive away in a newer car and you forget about all the anxiety that comes with any big purchase.

i'm loving it as you can tell, but it has definitely taken some getting used to. all the bells and whistles that come with today's cars are foreign to me. the salesmen really didn't need to say much because the entire time they were talking, i kept thinking, "you had me at key-less entry."

now all we have to do is make sure this car lasts as long as my civic has. i just hit 100,000 miles on the civic, so i'm curious just how long it's going to be around. i hope the two get along. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...