Pages

August 26, 2010

5 things


it's been almost two years since i did a "5 things even my closest friends don't know about me" post, so here we go!

1. sometimes when i'm feeling frumpy, i go into my closet, find my highest high heels and wear them for a couple hours. instant perk. sometimes it's just me in my pjs sitting in heels. i can't explain it, but it's an instant girlie high.

2. i get very attached to inanimate objects and project feelings on them. as a little girl, i made sure to talk to all my stuffed animals an equal amount of time (so no one would feel left out, obviously). i also have a hard time picking out fruit at the grocery store because when i pick up an apple, i don't want to put it back (even though clearly bruised) in fear that it may feel rejected.

3. i've never been on a jet ski before. boo. i'm lame. not because i don't want to--just never have been in a jet skiing situation. :)

4. i'm painfully practical. i weigh all my options good or bad, project any future ramifications that are possible with said decision, and either make a choice in a few days or decide i didn't need it to begin with. it's exhausting. i can't imagine doing or purchasing something on the fly or impulsively..the thought of it makes me stomach turn. which brings me to my last one:

5. my personality and characteristics don't match. for instance, every time i take one of those right brain vs. left brain tests, my results are always split. i love being creative and have an appreciation for art and dance; i daydream quite a bit and question everything, and i think in big picture terms; HOWEVER, i also can't go a day without maintaining organization; i follow recipes to the extreme; i abide rules blindly, and i can't help but pay attention to the tiniest details. in school, my two favorite subjects were algebra (because of the logic) and english (because of the writing). see what i mean??

well those are mine! i'd love to hear everyone else's or if you can relate! feel free to use my pic and create your own post with your 5. :)

5 comments:

Natalie Claire Met said...

Wow! I did not not most of those! I pictured myself at the grocery store picking out fruit, and this is me "Gross.. gross.. gross...maybe..no it's gross. I'm going to another store."
I will definitely think more before I pick something up and put it back now!

ashley h said...

oh fun! i'm going to do the same and steal your graphic!

jamie said...

Oh jG, how you know me so! One of the aspects of my blog is totally going to be "things about me" and you not only beat me to it but you also gave me a perfect graphic for it! (I also feel as if the post script at the bottom is just for me... "feel free to use my pic" translates to "Jamie, I know you're terrible at making your blog look cute and I have to do it all for you so yes, I'm giving you permission to steal this graphic!")

Jenny said...

yes! y'all please use it!! haha jamie, you were def one of those i had in mind and i almost explained how to save the pic and upload it to your post, but i know you're a fast learner and adapter, so i didn't feel the need. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, Jenny, we are so much alike. I also am evenly split in every personality test. Leftover Christmas trees almost bring me to tears - surely they feel the bitter sting of rejection. I, too, love the logic of algebra and the joy of writing. Spontaneous? I can be - at 1:00 on Friday. Now where are my high heels......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...