Pages

February 4, 2008

Caution: Sickness Awaits

What a pathetic Mardi Gras weekend. We missed a wedding that we were excited about going to and instead of catching beads, cups and dab loons at parades, Joel somehow caught the flu influenza A. Or as he likes to explain his condition to his HALO crazies as to why he's not playing: "For I have fallen ill with influenza A." That makes it sound more hard core and life threatening. But thank God its not. It is weird but refreshing to be reminded that I'm the person he turns to when he can't do something. I feels good to be needed. I've always admired Joel's ability to be able to do anything and usually succeed at doing it. But now thats he's sick, he couldn't even get out of bed to get a glass of juice. That's where his wonderful wife came in. :) Unfortunately, while making all the juice runs and massaging his headaches away, I too have "fallen ill" with some form of sickness.

It hit me on Sunday, but Joel was much worse off than me so I acted like I wasn't that sick. Which I wasn't really, just a cough, a sore throat, and some acheness. Nothing like he was experiencing. Thankfully, he woke up this morning feeling better. We both did. Or so I thought. I got up, took some DayQuil and started straightening my hair for work. I guess the heat from the iron was way too much, cause my stomach started to turn and I started to sweat profusely. But time was ticking toward 8, so I sucked it up and painfully made it to work. Once I was there for about 5 minutes, my stomach just got worse. I realized that I would be of no asset to the company today, and after being told "yeah, you look really pale" and "don't bring that in here!" I decided to head home. Well home didn't come soon enough.

As I'm driving back with the usually morning traffic, it hit me. It hit me 5 times. To my inconvenience, I was on the opposite side of the street to pull over with no red light in sight! So in between traffic holdups, swerving cars, and disgusted glances from other drivers, I found my peace in a day old McDonalds's paper bag. Just when I thought it was over, the bag busted. To spare you the details, I will leave it at that.

A Mardi Gras weekend gone terribly bad and new stains in my car.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...