Pages

January 27, 2008

The Right Routine

I love routines. I just like having something to look forward to. Not to say that I'm not spontaneous because I do love getting out and trying new things; I just don't have the opportunity to do so very often. But there's just something I love about consistency.

My favorite routine right now is Saturdays. Mainly because they always start with no alarm clock, sleeping in and peeling Joel's limbs off of me. I love having nothing to do but sleep in and nuzzle up to my half conscious husband who doesn't know which way is up after a late night of Halo playing. Once I ignore my stomach growls long enough, I get up and usually make waffles, pancakes or muffins. Something high in carbs and goes great with syrup and butter. :) I put it on a tray with drinks and all the fixings, and then we eat breakfast in bed. The best thing ever! This might be the thing I look forward to the most. Once we eat, Joel gets up and cleans the dishes then he comes back and we either watch TV for hours or he plays on the laptop while I do so. Its such a great time to reconnect and just laugh with each other. I sometimes struggle with being anxious for our future like a nice house, a new city, two salaries, babies, etc. But Saturdays always seem to put all that into perspective. I am reminded of the value of the present and remember that its a very precious time in our lives. God always has a way of showing me to appreciate the certain seasons in my life and be thankful for the small blessings he gives everyday.

Thank God for Saturdays. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...