Pages

May 2, 2013

and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever


Yesterday my sweet Papa passed away unexpectedly.  It was a rough day to say the least, but I am comforted by the fact that he with the Lord now.

I rushed to work this morning thinking that I still had a voicemail on my office phone from him that he left a few days ago.  But I didn't.  And it made me so sad because I kept telling myself that I did.

So as a consolation, I've been going through pictures of him and saw this one.  It was his personality captured perfectly, and I am so grateful for Jason Cohen, who snapped it and gave this amazing gift to us.  It was taken almost two years ago to the day and I will always cherish these photos.

I know you can't hold onto voicemails or photos (or handwriting even--I threw away his birthday card to Judah after his party on Saturday in an effort to clean up quickly.  And then yesterday, I cried because I just wanted to have and see those words "it's never too early to start saving" in his handwriting again).

But what I can hold onto is the truth and feeling that he loved us greatly and loved the Lord, so I'll choose to take comfort in that, in the midst of grieving his presence in our lives now.

He was kind, super giving, never missed an opportunity to tell us how proud he was of us, made us laugh, took us on vacations, supportive, handsome, thoughtful, and he is the one who gave me my squinty, smile eyes.  I'm going to miss him so very much. 

Photo by Jason Cohen: Friends Grandparents Project

1 comment:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

So so sorry to hear this Jenny! Praying for you and your sweet family as you walk through difficult time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...