Pages

September 13, 2012

decade debate


preparing his army for Riskapades

It's no secret that Joel falls under the "odd duck" category; it's actually one of the things I love most about him. So I shouldn't have been surprised when a simple question turned into a 5-minute conversation.

The other day while attempting to make conversation after having just talked about different decades, I asked him:

Me: "If you could live in any decade, what would it be?"

JG: "Ummmm....ummm....three-thousand-and..."


Me: "Not the future! Who picks the future?  Ok, what if you could live in any
past decade?"

JG: "Would I know what I know now?"


Me: "Umm? Ok, sure."


JG: "Then I would say 1983, and I would invest in the stock of..."


Me: "No! Ok, you
don't know what you know now. Just pick a time you would have liked to live."

JG: "Ok, ok---well then of course I'd want to live during Jesus' time--duuuh."


Me:  "That was exhausting..."

It's little conversations like that that make me realize just how my husbands brain works.  If he would have asked me, I would have simply replied, "the 1920s or 1940s."  Period.  No time travel needed. No attempts to make millions.  Just a simple answer.

I'm so glad I have him around to spice up even the dullest topics I bring to the table--even if I wished I hadn't asked it about two minutes in. :).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...