Pages

May 5, 2012

Nursery Reveal!

Judah is here!! Our little man made his arrival last week on April 28, my due date! I'm slowly awakening from the baby coma I've been in this last week and will post the birth story and pics real soon.  For now, I figured I would leave you with a post that I wrote the night before I went into labor showing his nursery.  How fitting.  :)


 Everything is finally finished for Judah's nursery! I am so excited that everything in my head actually came out just how I wanted.  Below is the inspiration board I made in September for if we had a boy.  I changed the curtain choice last minute because the sample fabric I had planned on using was more blue than green--I also changed the accent color to yellow instead of orange as well. I'm so glad I did.  I can't wait to see Judah in his room!




Joel built the ladder that holds all of Judah's blankets--I love that Joel built something for the nursery (he even stained it too!).Also, a friend from community group saw my inspiration board and said she had the perfect basket--and she actually gave it to us as a baby gift--such a special gift!



This is one of the first things that went in the nursery.  It's a verse that I've prayed over Judah these past months and I wanted the feeling to resemble a loose, scribblish script.  I also knew that I wanted it as the focal point over his crib, which I love because it symbolizes all those times it was prayed over him and will continue to be. I also still want to get a tailored bed skirt, but I can't decide if I want a color or not--it can wait.  :)



I saw this book shelf idea in a magazine then on a blog linked through pinterest and knew it would be a great way to tie in the yellow accent color.  They are wall planters that come in black that Joel spray painted yellow.  I absolutely love how they came out and that they don't have any sharp corners.  I also love this quote, so I made a little poster to go in his reading corner.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get a little rocking chair eventually and maybe a floor cushion for when he's older and can actually reach the books and look through them on his own.



I made this banner for our maternity pics and knew I wanted to incorporate it into the nursery.  Joel's been such a trooper nailing things into the wall and moving and repositioning things for me when they just don't "feel right." :) It was actually his idea to put the banner over the closet--I think it fits perfectly.



I know this section of his nursery will get the most action.  The paintings were made by a few best friends of mine.  I asked them to come up with a couple words that they are committed to pray for Judah and this is what they came up with.  They are my favorite! The chair was an unexpected gift from a friend who found an antique rocker online and wanted to reupholster it and update it.  At the time, we didn't know what we were going to do for a rocker, so this came at the perfect time.  She did such a fabulous job and we can't wait to rock our little man in it!  Also, the measuring post was another gift from a friend, who didn't even know we were doing yellow in our nursery--it was meant to be!



This was an impulse purchase at World Market. While I didn't really have a "theme" in mind for his nursery, it turned into a sentimental vibe where I wanted everything to have value and special meaning.  My intention for buying this was to put black and white pics of our two families and switch them out over time as well as add pops of color with art prints that I find or Judah's artwork as he creates it. For now, the only art piece on there is from a sweet girl from church who gave it to me as a baby shower gift.

So that's it! It was definitely a labor of love and I wasn't sure how it was all going to come together, but we absolutely LOVE how it came out and just want to start using it! :)

2 comments:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

So happy for you Jenny! Can't wait to hear all about Judah's arrival!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jenny and Joel!!!! His nursery is precious... I LOVE that canvas you did for him, and holy moly that chair. So awesome!!!

love y'all!!

chaptertwentynine.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...