Pages

July 14, 2009

sew fun

i have officially used my new sewing machine that was given to me by joel's parents this past Christmas!! i've been wanting to break it out and make something but lacked the motivation and skill...until ashley that is! she needed to make curtains for her little boy's room and needed motivation as well. ashley has way more experience with her machine, so she offered to help me learn mine and show me how to thread it. after we took a trip back to my apartment (i forgot the pedal--just shows how much of a beginner i am), hobby lobby, and wal-mart, we got started. i got a tutorial on the art of pillow making and stuffing, and then i was on my own. it wasn't as hard as i thought, and i was so happy with how they turned out!

ashley was so fun to hang out with and cracked me up by talking to her machine and praying out loud that the thread would hold, haha. i have a feeling that new house will be FULL of pillows because they are the only thing i currently know how to make. hopefully, i'll venture out into other areas, but i think pillows seem very fitting for now.

here are some pics that ashley shot while i was learning. she's such a mom...and a great teacher to bet! :)











2 comments:

Body BaYou Personal Training said...

Super Cute! seriously since we live 15 min from each other now, you will be teaching me how to make pillers for my house too :-) Lawd knows those rusty red pillers don't match with our green couch!!!

Raquel said...

Awesome! I didn't know you have a sewing machine. You're gonna make me start using mine again :) Now that you have your big house you can make beacoup pillows and curtains and slipcovers...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...