Pages

November 7, 2008

my big little brother

sometimes i can't believe how fast time is flying by. my little brother is about to graduate high school....HIGH SCHOOL! he just not that old in my mind. i still see him as the little kid running around the house saying "oppsies!" (with a slight lisp, haha) every five minutes because either he broke something or was about to. he's always been bigger than what he knows to do with. he passed me up in height when he was about 12. i remember coming home from college one weekend, and he was able to pick me up. so weird.

we're seven years apart; it was a great age difference growing up because i was a real "big" sister that was able to teach him things and remember the landmarks in his life like when he rode his bike for the first time without training wheels or when he started school. but now it kinda stinks because i'm not able to be there to watch him anymore, and i haven't been for the last 5 years. i've had to hear about it via phone or email, but i guess thats what growing up is all about--being there in spirit and prayer when you can't be there in person.

however, i'm really excited because he's supposed to be coming up to spend some time with me and joel this month (if football doesn't get in the way). i can't wait because the last time he came up here to hang out with me was my sophmore or junior year of college. i have big plans and hope its able to work out sooner than later. here are some of his latest pics that my mom sent...such a handsome thing :) :



1 comment:

Janee said...

What a sweet post. I have a "big little sister" who graduates this year too. (We're 8 1/2 years apart... but she's about 7 inches taller than I am!) It's so fun to see who they have become from that awkward childhood time to their senior year of high school!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...